Thursday, June 9, 2011

Pimp My Ride, GoAnimate Style

Pimp My Ride is a short and quick animation I made to showcase my mini van, flash made prop (made with Pencil Animator) and how to use the prop with the Stick Figure car.



The idea for the joke is that Bob is the master mechanic but he spends so much time working on cars he really doesn't have time for things like picking up girls. He just doesn't have any concept of what girls would find cool in a car...



Pimp my ride - new van prop by etourist



Like it? Create your own at GoAnimate.com. It's free and fun!



I made the van for the final installment of episode 1 of my Bat Storm series but I just couldn't be bothered trying to animate the wheels with Pencil Animator. You literally have to draw every frame by hand and I didn't want to spend the time when I could use some perfectly good animated wheels from the stick figure car and get the same result in no time at all (thus proving that GoAnimators sometimes are a bit lazy!).



The second installment came about because it didn't take me a lot of time to create the mini van and I had this idea about Bob having a second crack at Pimping Dave's ride...



Pimp My Ride Again by etourist



Like it? Create your own at GoAnimate.com. It's free and fun!



This time I made the Volkswagon especially for the clip but discovered it didn't actually fit over the stick figure car all that well. I had to squash it horizontally and chop the back off the stick figure car to make it kind of fit.



Later on I made a version of the Volkswagon with its own wheels just because using the stick figure car was actually impractical if you wanted the car to move. You wouldn't be able to hide the back of the stick figure car with a rectangle that matches the garage floor like I did here.



I have in mind to make a third installment of this series where Bob actually gets it right but that's not exactly funny so I'm still looking for a punchline. If I come up with something I'll certainly make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment