Sunday, June 5, 2011

Ep1 Pt3 Bat Storm: Financial Crisis on GoAnimate

Episode 1, part 3 sees another child reported missing and another reward being offered for information leading to the child's where abouts. It's incentive enough for Bat Storm to resume his role as the world's greatest detective (well he likes to think so).



If you haven't seen episode 1, part 1 and part 2 of this superhero series then click the links to visit their corresponding blog post and episode.



Ep1 / Pt 3 Bat Storm - Financial Crisis by etourist



Like it? Create your own at GoAnimate.com. It's free and fun!



In this episode you get to see more of Manfred's role as Bat Storm's personal assistant. Not only does he organise party appearances he also does background research on cases Bat Storm is working on.



You also get to see some of Super Charge's motivation for trying to undermine Bat Storm's crime fighting abilities... essentially he's looking out for Bat Storm and Bat Flash because he thinks their crime fighting efforts are misguided and dangerous.



There's really no custom flash work at all in this episode except for the Grappling Hook prop... (and of course the already mentioned in previous posts, police car). All of the sets are mash ups using existing GoAnimate backgrounds and props.



As far as the script goes, back in episode 1, part 1, I established the Jokester was seemingly able to be everywhere as the volume of parties he had booked was seriously hurting Bat Storm's children's party business. However at that stage I had no idea how the Jokester was doing it.



I entertained several different notions including the Jokester being the son of a corporate magnate with access to all kinds of resources. By part 3 I had to finally think of something for how the Jokester was able to be so widespread.



It finally dawned on me that the Jokester wears make up and a specific costume - hence you could put anyone in that makeup and suit and it would be The Jokester. Thus the 'multiple Jokester theory' became a reality. It fit really well with the story and makes for a great, unexpected development, as even viewers just assume the Jokester is always the same guy.



In my post for Part 5 of Men In Black I talk about dropping a piano in the works if you get writers block writing comedy. In part 3 of Bat Storm my 'piano' is Bat Storm crashing through the roof of the Jokester's house mid questioning by Bat Flash.



At that point I still had no idea about who had kidnapped the two girls (other than it was a Jokester employee) or why. Bat Flash literally did run out of questions that I could answer. So I dropped Bat Storm through the roof and came up with his very 'shakey' mind trick that lead into the closing sequence.



I wasn't exactly sure about how the 'video evidence' mentioned at the end fit into the big scheme of things either but I figured maybe the Jokester's employee was trying to set the Jokester up in some way to damage his business. It was only after months of thinking during the creation of part 4 that everything fell into place.



Incidentally the closing theme music, A Superman by Odimusic, was one of the songs in GoAnimate's Bring on the Noise contest. I liked it so much that I set up a basic GoAnimate Account and made an entry featuring Bat Flash (below). My only regret is that I made it on my Basic Account which meant I couldn't animate the whole song.



A Superman - Odimusic by etourist basic



Like it? Create your own at GoAnimate.com. It's free and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment