Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I.T. Guy - Old Spice Parody on GoAnimate

The I.T. Guy came about because, up to this point I really hadn't tried GoAnimate's new Lil' Peepz theme all that much, and I'd just come out of making the first part of Episode 1 to Bat Storm: Financial Crisis. I needed something small as a way of taking a break.



I don't recall creating the I.T. Guy character, Bob, specifically to parody the Old Spice internet commercials that were well into their height of popularity at the time however he did suit the purpose. I was actually intending to create a series of Office style shorts that I could make quickly whenever the mood struck.



In many organisations the I.T. person sometimes has this air of superiority because they know how to fix whatever it is you broke on your computer with just a few clicks. Chances are it's probably something you could've fixed yourself if you knew just a little bit more about computers. For that reason the I.T. person is always cooler than you and can get away with being a bit radical because the company really needs their expertise.



Old Spice IT Guy by etourist



Like it? Create your own at GoAnimate.com. It's free and fun!



There's really not much more to be said about the first episode so I'll move on to the second. GoAnimate began releasing Action Packs for the Lil' Peepz characters. These are add ons you can buy for existing characters to give them movements relating to a specific theme e.g. fighting, singing, drummer etc.



GoAnimate has quite a range of action packs now but one of the first was called 'Black Guitar' and it added a whole range of guitar playing/using movements to your Lil' Peepz character. I noticed it had one particular action called 'smash guitar' (I think, along those lines at least) and I saw the perfect opportunity for I.T. Guy, Bob, to fix a photocopier in his own unique style...



I.T. Guy: Rock 'n' Roll Fix by etourist



Like it? Create your own at GoAnimate.com. It's free and fun!



It's another fairly straight forward joke. I still get a kick out of it every time I see Bob 'fix' the copier.



Incidentally the 'fixed' copier is a custom prop and all the little smoke plumes coming from it are from a hidden GoAnimate Classic Character robot called 2PO (I think that's its name - you can see this robot in my animation, The Boss of Everything).

No comments:

Post a Comment